Recently, my opponent claimed in one of our discussions: “Show me some miracle to prove your point of view and then I believe in everything you write in your blog.”
I pointed at his body and said without hesitation: “This is the very same miracle. Without knowledge of the principles of the body functioning, a man and a woman create a new human being in a matter of minutes.” He replied: “No, it isn`t a miracle, people are simply in the dark about this subject.”
I recollected one anecdote that I heard in my student days:
“The conflict between a student of political college and a priest:
- There are no miracles in the World!
- Last summer our bell ringer fell off a bell tower and was kept alive. It is the mighty work of God, isn`t it?
- No, it`s just an accident.
- This winter he fell off a bell tower again. And again, he was kept alive. It`s a real miracle, isn`t it?
- It`s a mere
A priest`s wife run up to them and screamed: “Your holiness, our bell ringer fell off a bell tower…”
- What of it?
- Alive, alive, piteous …
- God, we beheld your miracle!
- No, your holiness, it`s already a habit!”
I`d like to find answers to lots of questions:
- What is MIRACLE?
- Is it possible to classify MIRACLES?
- If MIRACLES exist in reality, are they incredible for all people or only for some of them?
So, let`s start from the definition.
MIRACLE is some object, process or phenomenon, which contradicts an individual`s perception of his World. Initially, this individual considers it as violation of the laws of nature (science) he is aware of. When one realizes the principles of a MIRACLE functioning, it automatically becomes for him a typical object, process or phenomenon.
MIRACLES — the plural number of a noun MIRACLE.
MIRACLE WORKER (MIRACLE MONGER) is an individual with ability to make MIRACLES for other participants of a cognitive process. What is more, their MIRACLES aren`t unusual things for them.
It appears that MIRACLES don`t contradict a nature but our perceptions of it. Thus, a scientific community attempts to search and to study miracles that leads to acceleration of a technologic progress of the humankind.